- Fairly hot green chillies----250 grams
- Sesame/Til oil---- half cup.
- Turmeric powder---1tsp.
- Fennel seeds/ saunf.(coarsely powdered)...2 tbs.
- Mustard seeds/sarso(coarsely powdered)---1 tbs.
- Vinegar----1 cup
- Salt to taste(on the higher side).
- Slit the green chillies in the centre, smear turmeric powder and some salt. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, bring down the flame to the lowest level and add the powdered fennel seeds and mustard seeds. Take care not to burn the spices.
- Stir for a minute or two, add the chillies. Stir for a few minutes, check for salt and if needed add more and switch off the flame when u see a change in the colour of green chillies.
- Keep aside till completely cooled.
- Add vinegar and keep preserved for a week or so and start using. Tastes best with paranthas