- Fresh peas shelled( avoid the frozen one)...1 cup
- Paneer cubes ....2 cups
- Onions (finely chopped)....2
- Ginger Garlic paste..1 tbsp
- Tomatoes (chopped)..1 cup
- coriander/dhaniya patha..a few sprigs chopped
- Kashmiri mirch powder...1heaped tsp.
- Coriander powder....1 level tsp
- Turmeric powder...half tsp
- Garam masala...half tsp.
- Refined oil......2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- In a thick bottomed kadai, heat oil. Bring the flame to medium, sauté the paneer, without changing its colour and remove it to a bowl.
- In the same oil sauté the onions and ginger garlic paste with a pinch of salt till golden brown.
- Add the spice powders except garam masala. At this point, take care either to switch off the stove, or wet the spice powders, so that they don't burn
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well to a thick gravy .
- Add the peas and salt , cover the kadai and bring the flame to low and let it cook till the peas turn tender.
- Now you can add the paneer, stir lightly so that the masala gets coated well, close the kadai again and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the garam masala and chopped dhaniya patha. Remove from fire and keep the lid on for a minute or two. When u open an appetizing aroma would reach u.....You can have this with rotis to enjoy the real taste.